Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Gift For The Hostess

Last night JT and I went into the city for a friend's cocktail party on the Upper West side.

 We went in a little early and stopped by Strawberry Fields in Central Park because it was the anniversary of John Lennon's death. People gather around the Imagine mosaic and sing Lennon's songs. If you are a fan of John Lennon, it something you should experience at least once. My first time seeing this gathering was a few years ago and I teared up hearing so many people that didn't know each other sing in unison.

After our Strawberry Fields visit we went to Riposo wine bar for a bite to eat. We each had a glass of Riesling and split a soppressata flat bread and a truffle panini... SOOOO good! Highly recommend Riposo!

After stuffing our faces it was time to go to the cocktail party and stuff our faces some more! The food at the party is always wonderful, our friends do such a great job, so I never go empty handed - gotta bring a hostess gift.

This year, with so much going on, I was a little less creative and took the easy route, buying something. I think I still did a pretty good job though.


My cocktail themed gift included a bottle of Emeri Pink Moscato (sooo good!), a bottle stopper and coasters from Kate Spade.


I liked the bottle stopper so much, I bought one for myself too...



The coasters have cute cocktail themed idioms on them.




The packaging was too pretty to cover up, so I just tied them together with ribbon instead of wrapping.



I cut out a letter K (the couple's initial) for the gift tag and attached it. 

Oh yeah... my nails.. glittery gold! 





This party was such a great kick off to the holiday season! I have to go recover on my sofa now and watch Home Alone.
xo Lizzie










1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lizzie! Loved the gift and so glad that you at JT were able to make it!

    ReplyDelete