Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fatty Sundays On A Sunday



The East coast was hit with a wintry mix this weekend. It started on Friday with snow, turned bitter cold on Saturday and then warmed up just enough to bring us sleet and ice today. I wasn't leaving the house.

I decided it was the perfect time to use this pretzel kit we got from Fatty Sundays. Chocolate covered pretzels are super easy to make on your own but there is something really great about not having to buy the supplies. Ok maybe two things... One, you get to see what it's like to be like Martha Stewart... you know where she just walks into the studio and her craft of the day supplies are all picked out for her and ready to go (but the kit doesn't come with a clean up crew to pick up after your'e done- so it's just halfway to the Martha experience.)... and Two, they give you just enough to make a few pretzels so you don't overindulge. Because if it were up to me I would buy the big bag of chocolate chips, melt the entire bag and dip everything in our pantry in it until all of the chocolate was used up. Yeah, I have issues.

You can order the kit online and choose your chocolate and even your sprinkles. I went with white chocolate and the winter sprinkles.



The already made pretzel samples are a nice touch. Gives you something to snack on while you wait for your own pretzels to harden!

In a nice coincidence my silver Winter Knit nails matched the gleaming ice outside and the sliver sprinkles in the winter mix. 

I melted the chips in a mug instead of a bowl,  to give me more depth for pretzel dipping. My pretzels need maximum coverage!

All melted :)

SPRINKLES!



This was a fun and super easy little project for this icy afternoon Mother Nature decided to give us! 

Hope you are having a great Sunday!

xo Lizzie














No comments:

Post a Comment